Thursday, March 8, 2012

5 Cereals I Would Have Tried







None of these cereals exist anymore, however, if I would have been aware of them and old enough to appreciate them, I would have liked to have tried them. I do remember Corny Snaps and C.W. Post. I loved both of them, especially C.W. Post. I think Corny Snaps tasted a little like Cap'n Crunch, which, as Epistemology Tonight Platinum Members may remember, is on my list of favorite cereals. Let us now take a closer look at the following extinct cereals and find where they place in the pantheon of cereal history.

1. Banana Frosted Flakes: These were frosted with a banana flavored frosting and had banana pieces added to said flakes. I would have been curious to try them. I am a fan of banana flavored cereals, especially Banana Nut Crunch and Trader Joe's Banana Nut Clusters. In fact, I am looking forward to Trader Joe's opening stores in the Dallas area so I may relive some of my past bliss as I ate said Trader Joe's cereal.

2. Corny Snaps: As I mentioned in an earlier sentence, I believe Corny Snaps tasted like Cap'n Crunch. Please see your Epistemology Tonight User's Guide for where to find this previous statement. Should you have any difficulty finding this statement, do not hesitate to call Epistemology Tonight Customer Support at 1-888-555-2221. A representative will be glad to assist for the nominal amount of $45.12 per minute.

3. C.W. Post: Named for the founder of Post Cereals, Charles William Post, C.W. Post was a granola cereal if I remember correctly. It was yummy. I ate it whenever I would go to my aunt and uncle's house. There was also a university in New York named C.W. Post, however, it was recently renamed LIU Post University. It is part of the Long Island University system.

4. Pink Panther Flakes: Strawberry flavored yummy flakes. Probably pretty darn tasty.

5. Punch Crunch: This was a spin-off cereal from the Cap'n Crunch family of cereals. They were Cheerio shaped pieces flavored like fruit punch. This was have been an interesting one to try. I am not sure if the taste would have been successfully achieved, however, I would have had a go at it.

So, there it is. Another exciting blog posting about something very trivial. Epistemology is the study of the nature of knowledge with reference to it's limits and validity. I hope that these posts have given knowledge you can use in your every other day lives. There will be more as my brain continues to flow forth with random information.

1 comment:

  1. Since I did try and/or eat them all, I will tell you that C.W. Post and Corny Snaps weren't that good. Punch Crunch was a really sweet guilty pleasure and I loved Pink Panther Flakes and especially Banana Frosted Flakes. You can kind of recreate the taste of Pink Panther Flakes if you buy the Strawberry and Crème Good Morenings cereal currently from Post. Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete